By participating in a Big Weekend Adventures event, you acknowledge that you have read and agree to the following statement:
I understand that bicycling involves certain dangers and risks which I am prepared to assume for myself and all children accompanying me. I will abide by all traffic laws and regulations and agree to bicycle in a safe and prudent manner. In addition, I agree to waive all claims which I, or any member of my family, or my heirs, executors or assigns, may have against Big Weekend Adventures or its agents for damages or injury sustained as the result of participating in a Big Weekend Adventures activity.
The following list of traffic safety guidelines, as well as all laws that apply at the activity location, must be adhered to on all Big Weekend Adventure events:
- Ride single file in traffic zones, on narrow roads in poor conditions and while ascending or descending steep hills.
- Observe all traffic signals and signs and use proper hand signals when changing lanes, direction, or speed.
- Yield to pedestrians and joggers crossing or sharing roads or trails.
- When overtaking pedestrians, joggers, or other riders, give them warning (e.g.: “passing on left”, or the ring of a bell).
- Riders are required to wear helmets meeting CSPC standards.
- Riders under the age of 18 must be accompanied by a parent or legal guardian.
- Call out hazards to other riders (e.g.: “car up”, “car back”, etc.).